Lol...you were 25 lbs bigger than me as a Senior..and I was a center...I know all about gettin your head across, putting a shoulder pad on a thighpad and driving..lol
It means a lot when you don't have any tenacity and not a lot of skill. You were on and played with an average line that was 225 that had talent and some get up and go. They don't have that this year. They're about middle of the pack in the LPD as far as OL goes. I know what it means to play small. I was all district at guard in a year that PV and Appy both won state and I weighed 180. I'm in no way saying you can't be small, Appy alone has proved that, you just have to have some talent and a lot of desire.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Lol...you were 25 lbs bigger than me as a Senior..and I was a center...I know all about gettin your head across, putting a shoulder pad on a thighpad and driving..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
You need to go show some of those fellows in the Carolina blue some techniques. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Really, I thought everyone who put on cleats knew that stuff...lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
It didn't look like it.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I agree...apparently they don't teach it anymore. But, in all fairness it's had to do from a 2 point stance..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
I'd say. I'd have hated playing out of a 2 pt stance.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
Unless you're 250-300 it'd be damn near impossible in the LPD to do it and be good.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
PVFan, to compare what Pv seniors did to norton is atrocious. I can tell you what Pv fans expect, we expect what he got from the time Coach Boling won the first state title to when we won our last in '98. We expect to at least get to state every four years.
And with the current coaching staff it is simply not a reality. Coach Thomas, Coach Chandler they are both probley really good people but they are not the quality coaches we expect. When you have coaches that are humiliated at times during games when the head coach sends them to the sideline during critical timeouts insted of letting him coach his defense. When that coach walks back to the sideline with his head down like a scolded child, how do you expect these young men to respect and look up to these coaches?
This year we have had the most natual talent that we have had in years at PV, and none of them knew anything about playing football! Our receivers did not know how to run complete routes, our offensive line was getting blown off the ball against any good team we played, and out qb or lack there of could not make a read on defense coverage if his life depended on it. One can go the this years 4 int clintwood game and saturdays 3 int game against GC for conformation.
We need a coach like Barry Jones to get PV back to the storied program that we once where. A coach that as a player you work so hard to earn his respect and a pat on the back from him is worth way more than any newspaper or highlites tonight time. A coach that makes you be in the weight room all during the summer if you want to play, and dosen't give over starting postions just because of who you or your family are. You earn your position on first day of pratice in pads.
This group of powell valley seniors have soley relied on what the PV teams of the past have done, the legacy that we all left behind. They have truly tarnished the programs reputation with their lazyness, off the field antics, and their unaccountabliy of representives of the school.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I weighed 180. </div></div>
Those were the days...
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks